Statements to the development of the novel coronavirus
1. In response to the latest development of the novel coronavirus, all schools of The Salvation Army, including secondary school, primary schools, special school, kindergartens and nursery schools, have suspended classes till 20 April 2020, as instructed by The Education Bureau.
2. During the class suspension period, our schools will intensify and ensure a hygienic environment, including a thorough cleaning of the premises and apply appropriate disinfectants to sterilise school facilities. Our schools will also make good preparation for the upcoming class resumption.
3. Our schools will inform parents, students and staff of the development from time to time, and remind them to maintain their personal hygiene and avoid areas that are overcrowded or greatly infected by the epidemic.
4. The health of our students and staff is our utmost concern. Our schools will strengthen our notification mechanism. If students / staff have symptoms associated with the epidemic infection, they are advised to seek medical consultation and inform the schools immediately. They are also encouraged to update the schools of their status from time to time. If necessary, the schools can provide support to individuals.
5. We pay close attention to the epidemic development and any upcoming measures / regulations launched by the Government. If class resumption is further deferred due to the epidemic, we will make further appropriate manpower deployment and arrangement, and inform our students and staff thereof as soon as possible.
6. After classes resume, our schools will continue to maintain an hygienic environment, enhance health education, encourage students and staff to always wear masks and remind them to pay attention to personal hygiene at all times.
7. After classes are resumed, if any students / staff are discovered to have symptoms associated with the epidemic infection, the schools will closely follow up the cases, intensify cleaning and disinfection of the school campuses, and make necessary arrangements.